What to do with a glass of wine:
- Hold the glass by the stem. If you hold it by the
bowl, it will heat up the wine. Also, holding it by the
stem keeps your greasy finger prints off the glass.
- Swirl the wine in the glass. This releases the esters
(the aromatic organic compounds found in the wine) and
allows them to open up.
- Smell the wine. Move the wine all around the inside
of your mouth (this is hard to do without looking pretentious
or silly). You have taste buds all over your tongue so
make sure all of them get in on the experience!
- Say what you feel. do you like it? Does it taste
different in the front of your mouth (front palate) than it
does on the mid palate and back palate?
- Please refrain from wearing perfume, cologne and heavy scented
deodorants. Strong smelling products not only affect your
sense of smell and taste, but your neighbor's senses as well.
- Please arrive on time; you don't want to miss out on any
of the wines!
- Lipstick greatly changes the taste of wine; keep this in
mind as you get ready for the event.
- If you are at an informal event where your are asked to
pour your own wines, make is a SMALL one. No one likes
a wine hog.
- Drink responsibly. remember, this tasting benefits
the Family Support Center of Ogden. Your actions could
affect hundreds of lives. So drink plenty of water during
the tasting and NEVER drink on an empty stomach.
must be received by the Wednesday @ 5pm, PRIOR to the event. Most
of these events sell out and have a waiting list. If you "no show"
you will not receive a refund.